Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Goetia for Brother Enoch

My favorite copy of the Goetia of Solomon has seen better days. So I recently decided to compile my own and have a copy printed through lulu. I drew up the outline and started making font choices.

I slept about three hours that night and dreamed of two warriors with spears. The dream was narrated. The narrator explained these two warriors were demons trying to scare me.

The next night I was visited in dream by a giant bird. The flapping of its wings made a hot wind that knocked me down. I tried to look directly at the bird, but had to shield my eyes from the light which was on it or maybe behind it.

On the third night I dreamed of green butterflies. I have a friend among the green butterflies now.

Then, a few days later, on Wednesday, March 14, 2014, I went for a walk. In a tree right outside my door there was sitting a large crow. I stopped and looked up at him. He looked down at me. He studied my face. I smiled. He said "hello". My rational mind tells me it was just a low warbling sound, but the rest of me knows it was "hello".

The next night I drank hundred-proof moonshine for the first time in my life and right as my vision began to get blurry, I saw the pentagram of Solomon from the Goetia and tried to force my eyes to focus and read the words. In this state I read:
BALLATON (BILETH)
BEL-LVN
ELI
ELIJAH
OBEDIAH
SOLOMON

It is now nearly 11pm and two crows have sounded an alarm outside my window. My roommate says she has never heard a crow at night. She just said, "I don't know how, but you summoned them here." She has no idea what I am working on. But she may be right.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds very cool. What's the link for the book on lulu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi vocês mulheres eu vou contar o que aconteceu comigo o que eu sonhava para casar construir uma família mas sempre confiei nas amizades fazer a festinha chamar as amigas para minha casa tudo que eu fazia na minha casa eu chamava minhas amigas e a minha mãe falava para mim você toma cuidado que uma das suas amigas ainda vai acabar com seu casamento e eu ficava brava nervosa e cheguei até ficar sem falar com a minha mãe confiava demais mas amizade delas uma pessoa chegou em mim e falou para mim assim eu vi o teu marido com uma das suas amigas falou até o nome dela no dia seguinte ela chegou lá em casa e eu falei teve uma pessoa que disse que viu você com meu marido aos beijos ela jurou ela chorou Ela falou para mim,para mim teu marido é mulher igual eu e eu confiei quando eu descobri ele tinha montado uma casa para ela montar uma loja e dado um carro para ela aí todo mundo Deixa ele para lá falei não eu vou reconstruir meu casamento não vou dar esse gosto para ela e vou passar o contato dessa pessoa que me ajudou eu estou compartilhando com aquela que passou ou tá passando o que eu passei por que essa pessoa me ajudou eu reconstruir meu casamento com ele eu vou passar o contato dela quem quiser procurar ela +556295590805

    ReplyDelete